2015/12/09

#11 ELEPHANTS

To visit an elephant village was another experience we made in Jaipur.
I have to mention that even now, five weeks later, I feel quite guilty about that I have done it.
Of course I know what has to happen to these poor elephants before you're able to ride them as if it would be part of their nature. It simply isn't. But anyway, I've done it.
With keeping in mind that it is included in the tour I already paid (the Experience Program), after asking the people there about the conditions, after asking myself a several times if I really wanna do this.
Sure, they told me that everything would be fine, that the animals are treated well, that the elephants are happy. 'Happy elephants" they said.
Of course I know what has to happen to these poor elephants before you're able to ride them as if it would be part of their nature.
But however, I don't want to find stupid excuses like that (I know, I did it already). I've done it, as it was part of my program. And even though I really don't feel good about it at all, I am telling about almost all of the experiences I made in India, so I should at least mention this one as well.
So, with the following pictures I do.

PS: Have a look at their eyes.

Eines unserer Erlebnisse in Jaipur war der Besuch in einem sogenannten 'Elefantendorf'.
Dazu moechte ich gesagt haben dass ich mich auch jetzt noch, fuenf Wochen spaeter, schlecht bezueglich der Tatsache dass ich die armen Tiere geritten bin fuehle.
Selbstverstaendlich bin ich mir bewusst darueber was mit ihnen geschehen muss bevor sie derartig handzahm werden, als waere es so vorgesehen. Natuerlich ist es das nicht.
Aber ich habe es schlussendlich getan, begleitet mit dem entschuldigenden Gedanken dass ich schliesslich schon dafuer gezahlt habe (es war Teil des Programs das ich gemacht habe), nach langem Befragen der Leute dort, nach langem Befragen meines Gewissens.
Sie haben mir, wie auch nicht, versichert dass es den Tieren gut geht, es seien 'glueckliche Elefanten', sagten sie. 
Selbstverstaendlich bin ich mir bewusst darueber was mit ihnen geschehen muss bevor sie derartig handzahm werden, als waere es so vorgesehen.
Aber wie auch immer, ich moechte keine dummen Ausreden finden (ich Weiss, ich habe es bereits getan), ich habe es nunmal gemacht. Und da ich von vielen meiner Erlebnisse in Indien berichte, moechte ich dieses auch wenigstens erwaehnen.
Somit tue ich dies mit den folgenden Fotos.

PS: Schaut ihnen in die Augen.



No comments:

Post a Comment