2016/04/14

#35 LEAVES OF GRAS

In the moment I saw this picture I knew that I wanted to post it with the following text.
Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass is and will always be one of my favorite books.

The spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains of my gab
    and my loitering.
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.
The last scud of day holds back for me,
It flings my likeness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd wilds,
It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.
I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.
I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.
You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.
Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you
Song about myself - Part 52
 
In dem Moment in dem ich dieses Bild entdeckt habe wusste ich welchen Text ich dazu zitieren moechte.
Walt Whitmans Grashalme ist und wird fuer immer eines meiner liebsten Buecher bleiben.
 
Die Falkeneule schweift vorbei und klagt mich an; sie beschwert sich über mein Plaudern und Zögern.
       Ich bin auch gar nicht zahm, bin auch unübersetzbar;
       Ich lasse mein barbarisches Geschrei erschallen über die Dächer der Welt.
      Des Tages letzter Schimmer verweilt noch um meinetwillen.
       Er legt mein Ebenbild mit andern und treu wie irgendeins auf die schattendunkle Wildnis;
       Es lockt mich in Nebel und Dunkel hinein.
       Ich scheide wie die Luft; ich schüttle meine weißen Locken gegen die enteilende Sonne hin;
      Ich ergieße mein Fleisch in Wirbeln und lasse es hintreiben in fadigen Streifen.
       Ich vermache mich dem Schmutz, um aus dem Grase, das ich liebe, emporzutreiben;
       Wenn du mich wieder brauchst, so suche mich unter deinen Stiefelsohlen.
       Kaum wirst du wissen, wo ich bin, oder was ich meine;
       Trotz allem aber werde ich dir gut bekommen,
       Und klären und kräftigen dein Blut.
       Wenn du mich nicht sogleich verstehst, bleibe dennoch guten Mutes.
       Findest du mich nicht an einer Stelle, so suche mich an einer andern.
       Irgendwo halte ich mich auf und warte auf dich. 
Gesang von mir selbst Part 52  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment